Friday, November 23, 2012

Another Look at the Authorized King James Bible

As I was searching the web for the Abortion video, The Hard Truth, I came across the following blog:

Kristina's Keepsakes: The Hard Truth- Viewer Discretion Advised- Abortion Video

What caught my eye immediately on this blog was the note on the upper right hand corner:

"All scripture used in this blog is from the Authorized King James Bible. Permission given by Author"

I could say the same thing with My Gospel Project. I think. There was a period in my life when I literally did not have access to an Authorized King James Bible, and so I memorized a bunch of verses from the
NIV and I've never bothered to go back and 'rememorize' those verses out of the Authorized KJV.

Nevertheless, I am a big fan of the King James Version Bible.  As I was looking through Kristina's blog, I picked up my Bible, my Authorized King James Bible, and I slowly started looking through the first pages to see if I could find a copyright notice. There was none.

Then I picked up an NIV Bible that I have near my desk. Here is what I found:

"The Holy Bible, New International Version, 1978, by the New York International Bible Society"

Then about half way down the page we are given limited permission to copy parts of this Bible:

"This copyrighted material may be quoted and/or reprinted for non-commercial purposes up to and inclusive of fifty (50) verses without express written permission of the publisher, providing the following credit line appears with the material being quoted: Taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version, 1978, by the New York International Bible Society, used by permission of Zondervan Bible Publishers."

Interesting. Who owns Zondervan again? Oh, ya, Rupert Murdoch. Let me see if I have this right. Rupert Murdoch owns News Corporation, which owns both Zondervan -publisher of the NIV Bible - and HarperCollins, which publishes the Satanic Bible.  (See Largest Christian Publisher Zondervan, is a Division of HarperCollins, Which Publishes The Satanic Bible)

And this is who I would have to get 'written' permission from if I wanted to quote more than 50 verses from the NIV Bible on this site. No thanks. I'll stick with my Authorized King James Bible. The Author of that Bible, our Lord Jesus Christ, has given me his full permission to quote as many verses from that book as I want to.

Recommended reading and listening:

New Age Versions, by Dr. Gail Riplinger
Bible Translations, by Rev. Cornelis Pronk
The Occultic Conspiracy to Replace the KJB, by Pastor Joey Faust

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)