Friday, October 25, 2013

What Would Happen if Israel Blew Up The Dome of the Rock? Right Now!

If you have followed the Left Behind series, by Jerry Jenkins and Dr. Tim LaHaye, you might be interested in the following article:

Iran Decries Plans for Synagogue at Temple Mount (Also check out the podcast, The Temple Mount)

I'm pretty solid in my Christian beliefs (see my post, What I Believe). I have no problem taking most of the Bible literally. I believe the universe and everything in it was created in 6 literal 24 hour days, probably around 10,000 years ago. I believe in a literal Adam and Eve, a literal Fall (Genesis 3), a literal Noah's flood, a literal Jonah and the big fish, etc. I believe all the miracles in the Bible. I believe in a literal heaven (for those who love and trust our Lord Jesus) and a literal hell (for those who hate our Lord and serve his adversary, the devil!).  And of course I believe in a literal virgin birth, death, and resurrection, and future second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

But I admit that when it comes to Bible prophecy, specifically the books of Daniel, Revelation, and say Matthew 24, I "see things through a glass darkly!" (1 Corinthians 13:12). I guess I lean toward the amillennial position, but that could change as we get closer to our Lord's return.

I've read most of the Left Behind novels (including the three prequels!), and I've watched the Left Behind movies (many times!). And while I found them entertaining, I'm not so sure they are true to the scriptures:

Having said that, I still can't help but recommend these movies to my readers:

Left Behind: The Movie
Left Behind: Tribulation Force
Left Behind: World at War

I especially like the last part of Left Behind II where Ivy gets saved!

But while I recommend these movies (and books), I also ask that you take them with a grain of salt. You may want to check out some of my other posts (after you watch these movies, of course!):

Nicolas Cage to Play Rayford Steele in New 'Left Behind' Movie
What Do Dr. Tim LaHaye and Glen Beck Have in Common?
And You Came One Day Too Late!
What If Obama Signed a 7 Year Peace Treaty With Israel - Right Now?

Is Obama the Antichrist? I Say Yes!

Recommended poem:

'Twas the Night Before Jesus Came

Recommended sermons:

That Old Time Religion

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)