Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Japan Marks 68th Anniversary of U.S. Atomic Bombing

PressTV - Japan marks 68th anniversary of US atomic bombing:

"Japan is to mark the 68th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima by the US, the first-ever case of the use of the bomb against human beings, which resulted in the death of thousands of people."

My father turned 18 and went in the army in 1945. I think he was only in the army 6 months before President Truman ordered the atomic bombs dropped on Japan, which ended World War 2. If president Truman had not done that, the war - at least in the Pacific - would have likely gone on for awhile and my father may have been one of the many men who lost their lives in that war.

So I guess I'm happy about America's decision to drop the bomb on Japan in 1945. Or at least I understand that had America not dropped the bomb, I might never have been born. I feel a little like Chelsea Clinton must have felt when she "lamented that her Grandmother was the child of unwed teenage parents who did not have access to Planned Parenthood." On the one hand, I'm grateful for America's decision to drop the bomb on Japan back then, because it may have saved my father's life (and therefore mine, since I was born many years later!)

But on the other hand, I also recognize that America's dropping 2 atomic bombs on two Japanese cities - cities filled with innocent (non-military) men, women and children - is probably one of the biggest terrorist acts in all of history. The only other terrorist act that comes close is the 1973 decision by the Supreme Court to open the door for the murder of 55 million babies (see Report: 54,559,615 Abortions Since Roe v. Wade in 1973)

And our President has the nerve to say, "God Bless Planned Parenthood!" Why not just say, "God bless the Atom bomb?

Recommended reading (my post)

Conscientious Objector: "I Hereby Resign in Protest Effective Immediately!"

Recommended sermon:

When Government Tries to be God, by Dr. David P. Murray

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)